- Monitoring the real-time operation of data-ingest and processing systems
- Performing first-level diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Communicating with internal and external technical staff in an effort to resolve service outages
- Keeping customers appraised of service outages and restoration efforts
- Maintaining logs of problems and their resolutions
Additional responsibilities and duties include:
- Operating the division's backup system, including performing file restores as requested
- Setting up video teleconferences for lab staff
- Maintaining a media library of technical books and software
- Keeping SSG documentation up-to-date
- Helping cover shifts for other SSTs during illnesses, vacation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to these requirements, the incumbent is expected to fulfill the following duties:
- Task List Report and present the highlights at regular division meetings.
- Draft monthly report for SRG.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux user environment and standard utilities
- Some programming knowledge (scripting experience will be especially useful)
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Flexibility and, above all, reliability
- Experience/skills in setting priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.